Friday, February 09, 2007

Sunlight

I didn’t take this photo on Roundtop mountain, though I did take it this morning. For the past few days on my way to work I’ve been crossing the Yellow Breeches Creek at Bowmansdale just as the morning’s first light was striking this cottonwood tree. For whatever reason, until this morning I haven’t been able to stop and try to capture the shot.

Down off the mountain, there isn’t enough snow to call it a covering. Up on the mountain, I only have an inch of snow on the ground, but it does cover pretty much everything. The weather continues to moderate, if slowly. This morning’s temperature was 14°, which was Monday’s high temperature. By the time the weekend is over, some areas may reach the freezing mark.

I am just hoping that I can stand in the sun for a few minutes sometime this weekend, preferably without feeling any wind. Oh, and the poor dogs need a decent run, too.

No comments: