Thursday, March 27, 2008

Disapproving Face Tree


This is my disapproving face tree. The tree (and the face) look right into my bedroom, and I always thought the idea of that was hilarious. I wouldn't have thought to put this on my blog, except I've discovered that there are other bloggers and other face trees around. I got the idea from Teach Me About Birdwatching, where the blogger posted her own face tree, which isn't disapproving the way mine is.

My own face tree has grown quite a bit since I moved to the cabin. The face is now several feet above his original vantagepoint. And the left "eye" isn't quite as visible or symmetrical as it was then. The right eye, nose and mouth are still pretty good, though.

Soon this face will be disapproving into my second floor window. So maybe this is the start of something. Do you have a face tree--dispproving or otherwise? I'd kind of like to see a smiling face tree. It would be kind of novel after looking at this guy for all these years.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could see it, all I'm seeing a empty box. Even when I right click it. I know I have two pictures with trees that have faces on it. I have to go through my pictures tomorrow, if I find them I'll post them.

Chris said...

That's spooky! I don't have a face tree but I like to find them in the woods. Maybe that's why the forest is such a mysterious place!

Mel said...

Hi Carolyn!
That's a pretty cool face! Would be fun to see other faces from all over, let's see if someone else posts another one ;)

Zabetha said...

Hi

I enjoy your blog very much and look forward to your pictures. But the picture for this day's post is not showing up! I am dying of curiosity! Show me the face...

Carolyn H said...

Cathy and Anne: is my tree with the disapproving face still not showing up? Everything looks fine here, and others are seeing it, so I don't know what to fix. I didn't post this photo any differently than I do any of the others. Please let me know!

Carolyn H.

Dan said...

Looks more like a puzzled tree face if you ask me. She seems to be saying "what are you taking a picture of me for?".

Anonymous said...

I see it now,must been Blogger last night. Great face since it looks like it's frowning.

Zabetha said...

I see it now, what a hoot!

MojoMan said...

OK, I don't want to nit-pick, but trees grow from the tips, not the base, so your frowning friend should stay just as tall as he is now, but like most of us, he will grow fatter. Fun photo, though! Better than those plastic eyes, noses and lips some people stick on trees.

Dana and Daisy said...

Reminds me of the story, "Stranger in the Woods." A children's book and video.

Carolyn H said...

Dan: Funny, but I always think of this tree as a "he."

Mojoman: Gee, I hope this doesn't mean my cabin is sinking. I know that face is higher than it used to be.

Carolyn H.