Saturday, July 15, 2006

This is more like it!

After nearly a week of being stuck in a city, in a hotel, surrounded by lots and lots of people, today I finally was able to escape and take a walk in the woods. It's still muddy, so I kept to an old woods road, but it was fresh air and quiet, so I was happy.

It's hot as all get out here, and the temperature is expected to flirt with 100 degrees on Monday. Today was more than hot enough for my taste, so my walks are limited to early morning and near dusk. The woods are lush and moist--too thick for bushwhacking. Winter is the time for my bushwhacks, not mid-July.

The other evening, as I was driving back to the cabin late I saw a doe with twin fawns and a monster buck right near Roundtop. Yes, I took a picture, but it didn't turn out well enough to publish. Dusk was just a little too far along for it to be good. Next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol I took a walk yesterday and when I stop to take a picture a deer. The musquitos had a feeding frenzy with me.

I got a great picture of a buck, a doe and her twins for you. It was taken at my house. I'll post it.