Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Raspberries!



The wild black raspberries that grow along the edge of the road and the forest are mostly ripe now. I pick them and eat them right off the bush. I figure that since I've just had 15 inches of rain, they're not going to get any cleaner by me running them under my tap for a few seconds. Plus, it rained again last night for a bit. Even my neighbors are away so there's been no one driving on the lane up or down the mountain, except occasionally me. I've had to stop taking Dog along when I go raspberry picking, as he picks nearly as many as I do. Usually, I keep the raspberries for breakfast cereal and in good years I get to freeze a few cups. This year the flavor of the raspberries is good but there aren't enough to freeze and not all that many make it into the house, either!

No comments: