Sunday, July 30, 2006

The New Pond

I took this picture a day or two ago before the rise in humidity turned everything hazy. This is a 14 acre snow-making pond that Roundtop built a year or so ago. Over on the far bank you can just make out some of Roundtop's ropes course.

Dog and/or Baby Dog and I like to walk around the pond when it's not too hot. Dog likes to swim. I like to look for birds. Baby Dog just likes to run around, with her nose on the ground.

With the weather so hot right now, and the forecast for it to get even hotter, my entire household, including myself, is pretty lazy. I got up at 4:30 this morning to do some ironing, figuring that for the next week it will never be any cooler than in was at 4:30 a.m. Afterwards, I took both dogs for long walks in the near-darkness.

Although it was just 72 degrees, the humidity is so high that by the time I returned to the cabin I was soaked in sweat. Tonight, I think we're all going to climb into that pond and try to cool off. I'll have wet dogs in the house, but if we feel better, it'll be worth it.

No comments: