Sunday, July 16, 2006

Not Yet Normal

I'm still feeling as though I'm in catch-up mode after last week's hectic pace. Like nearly every place else in the country, it's been hot here. I was up at 5:30 this weekend, so I could take both dogs for good walks before it got too hot. The poor animals had the short end of my attention this past week, and I wanted to make up for it, as best I could.

So both dogs got long walks, after which we didn't do anything but loll around and hope the weather would break. The woods animals weren't very active either. I heard a few birds in the morning and late evening, but about the only birds I saw during the day were the turkey vultures.

I took this picture at Roundtop, looking towards one of the snowmaking ponds. The trees look cooler than the area felt.
It's been so hot I haven't even turned on the computer until after dark.

No comments: