Monday, October 04, 2010

Oh, no! That time of year has arrived again!

Today’s photos are a bit “off topic” for Roundtop Ruminations. This was not deliberate. I was hoping to squeeze out another week of morning photographs on the mountain before the decreasing daylight forced me to switch to evening shots. However, a morning drizzle darkened the already dark morning and made any mountain photography impossible up at the cabin.

So today’s photos were taken off the mountain, along my morning commute. Once outside the cover of the forest and after I’d driven for 5-10 minutes, the morning was just barely light enough for a few photos. The photos were taken along the good part of my commute, before I reach the highway, which pretty much looks exactly like every other highway in the U.S.

Every year, I seem not to time the day when I have to switch from morning photos to evening photos very well. I prefer taking photos in the morning as those are much more likely to at least somewhat correspond with what I blog about for the day. Photos taken the evening before may have little or nothing to do with the day’s blog posts.

Even the evening photos are a short-term solution that only lasts a month or so. When I have to switch to taking a week’s worth of blog photos over the weekend, the odds that the photos will have anything to do with the written topic of the day are pretty low.

6 comments:

Grizz………… said...

Still mostly green there, I see. Same here. But I wonder whether this will even be a good color year?

Like you, my morning photo routine which used to be pre-breakfast is now post-breakfast, so if I want to write a post early, I have to have the pix already.

Jeannette StG said...

Actually I LOVE these scenes -they have a different "feel" to the landscape than your morning pics! So... thank you!

Carolyn H said...

Griz: I'm not expecting a good color year. The dry spell in August probably won't be good for fall color. But even a not-good year for fall color is still usually quite pretty. And there's always a few trees that won't get the message and will do something spectacular anyway. At least I hope so.

Carolyn H

Carolyn H said...

Jeannette, I'm glad you like the photos. I may have to do something similar tomorrow--more rain again.
Thanks!

Carolyn H.

Cathy said...

Nothing wrong not having a picture match the post. I have done that a few times.

Carolyn H said...

Cathy: Sometimes I think it's a good day when my photos match my posts. This time of year, I suspect the matching will be even less than usual!

Carolyn H.