Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Green


No, this isn’t my grass. I don’t have grass at the cabin. This is some of the grass around the ski area. Isn’t that some of the brightest green you’ve ever seen? I love the bright green of spring grass and leaves. I don’t have any bright green leaves to look at yet, but finding spring’s bright green anywhere, even in grass, is nearly as good.

It almost hurts my eyes to look at the green of spring. It’s a green that shouts, “I’m here!” It’s a green only found during the early part of spring. Quickly enough, this brightness will fade into a richer shade of elegant green that means summer has arrived. And by mid-August or so the green will turn dull and dark, not pretty at all. But for now, it’s spring and the green is bright and fresh with new growth.

No comments: