Monday, October 09, 2006

Emily Jane Loves winter!


Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, away;
Lengthen night and shorten day;
Every leaf speaks bliss to me
Fluttering from the autumn tree.

I shall smile when wreaths of snow
Blossom where the rose should grow;
I shall sing when night's decay
Ushers in a drearier day.

Emily Jane Brontë

Who'd have thought that Emily Jane was a lover of snow and winter? It's not quite time for snow here, though this weekend might produce some flurries if the forecast plays out.

I took this photo just out of the forest when I come down from Roundtop. I posted a view from here in the spring, too, when the little orchard in front was blooming. I always enjoy this broad horizon and wide expanse. This region is very hilly, and the hills usually block broad views of anything, but this is one spot where I get a nice look.

No comments: