Friday, October 10, 2008

Summer and fall

Everywhere I turn, I see a little summer, a little fall. Fall is here, but traces of summer remain. The two sit side by side sometimes, like good friends or at least like familiar adversaries of long standing.

Today, it reminds me, a little, of different generations, of how the new generation gradually takes over from the older one. And then one day, only the newer remains and life is different than it was before.

For me, the forest around me and the seasons around me, are my greatest teachers. There is nothing of knowledge worth learning that I can’t learn by observing nature. I see parallels everywhere that teach me how to deal with or accept some aspect of my life away from the heartbeat of the forest.. I can’t imagine living any other way. I can’t imagine how people get through a day without it.

Solace and teacher. Summer and fall. Old and new. It’s all here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With so much change in the air, it's nice to know that there are some things that you can just count on. It's comforting.