Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Last of the light

I’ve finally figured out why I’ve had trouble this week finding light good enough for my daily photographs. It’s the new daylight savings time.

When I first started this blog, we still operated under the old daylight savings time that ended earlier in the fall and started later in the spring. The result for me was that just at the point where I couldn’t take evening photos any longer, we made the time change, and I was able to take my daily photos in the morning for a while. This lasted about a month, and then it became too dark on workdays for either morning or evening photos. So I would take a week’s worth of photos on weekends and dole them out through the week.

But now that we’re on this new daylight savings time, I am already at a point where I can’t get decent light in either the morning or evening for my daily photos. I didn’t have any in-between switch from evening to morning photos before losing the daylight altogether. Why wasn’t I informed??

So please bear with me while I make the switch from taking daily photographs to taking all my week’s photos over the weekend. I’m just getting too old for all this drama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh. Oh I'm done with my walks after supper, just too dark after 6 now.