Friday, September 12, 2008

Leaf in sunshine

I took this photo yesterday when I happened to catch the sun shining through this leaf. To me, the leaf is starting to look a bit faded and not as plump as in the spring. Today clouds darken the mountain, and I was a bit surprised to find that it was too dark for a morning photo. It's that time of the year again, at least on cloudy mornings.

I am finding other signs of impending fall, too. I had't been out on my back deck since the rain two days ago, and last evening I was surprised to find it covered with dead leaves. These are the leaves that turned color during the month without rain. Still, I wasn't expecting leaves to be ankle deep on the back deck just yet.

The dogs and I are seeing the fox every morning. It doesn't always follow us. Sometimes it watches us from a rock or a ditch. Most of the time I wouldn't see it at all except for the eyeshine my headlamps reflects. The dogs see better in the darkness than I do and act up when they see it move.

My blogging may well be a bit spotty for a few days. I'll be hawkwatching. The Broadwings are flying! Yesterday, Hawk Mountain counted over 1000, so they are on the move. I am hoping I find a few over my mountain, too.

No comments: