Thursday, January 17, 2008

It Looks Like Snow



This morning is again dark and gloomy, though it's a more interesting kind of gloom. A bit of snow is forecast for later today, and its likelihood seems to be confirmed by the numbers and amount of bird activity at my feeders this morning. The squirrels were also out in force, and Dog startled up a deer, though neither of us saw it. We only heard it rustling away through a dense area of thicket.


The possibility of snow that will bring an end to this run of gloomy days is enough to raise my spirits on a morning that still looks gloomy. The only bit of color I could find came from the reflection of the sky in one of Roundtop's snow-making ponds. And I'm sure you'll agree that as far as color goes, it's not much.


After the snow, the weather will turn colder than normal for at least several days, so it will really feel like winter again. It's not much, but I'm still looking forward to it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo and yes enough of teh gloomy days. Part of me wants spring already.

If I'm lucky, I'll get 3 inches of the white stuff. But it enough to close down the branch earlier tonight.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of snow. In fact while I write this comment, we have a coating of light snow that has made the world into a winter wonderland, but I could honestly do without colder than normal temps. Normal would be just fine. Enjoy the beauty of the snow and if you must, the cold!
Vern