Wednesday, July 02, 2008

One Good Thing About Summer

Summer mornings can be lovely times. Before the heat of the day withers plants and people alike, before the air fills with humidity, before thunderstorms send me scurrying inside, before all that are the mornings.

In the mornings of summer, the air feels warm and comforting, not cloying. In the mornings a breeze caresses and whispers before it dies under the afternoon sun. Deer tiptoe across the lane in front of Dog and me. The birds sing. Ah, if these early mornings would only last all day!

3 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Mornigs are nice but I really love summer at night. I worked the evening shift for years and loved leaving the hospital at midnight. The air is soft and always smells nice- especially after breathing 8 hours of hospital!

Cicero Sings said...

We had a lovely, fresh morning here ... too soon it is HOT! I worked out for a wile but have retired in, to the cool of the house, to catch up on reading the blogs I've neglected over the last few days of having company.

Carolyn H said...

Lynne: I'd like the summer evenings better if they weren't so buggy! The temperature is nice but that's when the mosquitos come out to play. I get tired of being caked with bug repellant!

Carolyn H.