Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Bad dog!



Dog was bad this morning when we started to take our morning walk. It was about 6:15 a.m., still completely dark. I was wearing my headlamp. My neighbor from up on the top of the mountain untypically drove down the lane, and Dog went nuts. I mean like an attack dog. I could barely hold on to him as he barked and lunged at their car. They waved. So I turned around and took him back to the house and put him outside behind the house. Alone. Along the West Rim Trail is at least one section of a public dirt road that's about half a mile long. I sure hope a car doesn't come along when we're on that section. I don't even want to think about trying to hold onto him when he's carrying a 20-lb. pack, and I'm carrying a 30 lb. pack. Of course, maybe he'll be so tired that he won't have the energy to attack a passing car.

No comments: