Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Snow gone

But is it gone for good?

I can only hope that I’ve seen the last of snow for the next several months. Normally, I don’t get thunderstorms until after snow season is over. This year thundersnow has already happened several times, so even though I was awakened at 5 a.m. by a single boom of thunder this morning, I can’t count on that being definitive.

Is the third-year bald eagle heading north that flew overhead this morning definitive? That’s a hopeful sign but I doubt if it’s definitive, either. I’ve seen eagles when they were surrounded by snow.

The phoebe singing outside my bedroom window? Maybe.

The eastern towhee calling from the back of the cabin? Maybe.

It’s still too soon to call, though the signs are improving with each day that passes. Maybe this time the snow is really gone.

2 comments:

Elora said...

It's snowing here as I write, Carolyn! And it was 70 degrees here yesterday!

Elora

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Ooh, I can see green grass! Hurray! I can't remember such a long cold wait for spring.