Monday, July 02, 2007

A Slight Interruption...



















We interrupt this blog for a special announcement.

Wanderin’ Weeta, of the blog of the same name, has tagged me with the 8 facts meme. I don’t often participate in these things, but what the heck? It’s a holiday week and it’s a Monday, so that’s my excuse. The rules of this meme are that you have to post the rules before you post the answers. So here are the rules:

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them each a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

Here goes:
1. I was the first person to hike the entire North Country Trail, some 3600 miles, back in 19xx (well, it was a while ago).
2. I hiked the Chilkoot Trail in Alaska/BC in the off-season, and the ranger told me if I didn’t find my own way out, they’d recover my bones in the spring.
3. The longest I’ve ever gone while hiking without getting a shower or washing my hair was 14 days.
4. I collect stereoviews of the Alaska gold rush. Many of the views haven’t changed much in the past 100 years.
5. I also collect pink luster china.
6. I’ve yet to see a bobcat in the wild, but I’ve lost count of the number of bears I’ve encountered.
7. My birding life list isn’t very big because I don’t get to travel nearly as much or as often as I’d like to. Plus, I’m not really into chasing birds just to see them. My yard list stands at 130 species, though.
8. I am the world’s worst housekeeper.

The next part of the meme is that I have to tag other folks’ blogs so they get to play this game, too. Also, it gives readers a chance to visit some other blogs.
1. First, I tag Cathy at The Quiet One. This is a blog from northern PA. She gets to see some and photograph some great things up there.
2. Next I tag Winterwoman, anther great photo and nature blog by a woman in upstate New York.
3. Also take a look at Beyond the Fields We Know from eastern Ontario.
4. Pablo from Roundtop Journal is another great nature blog that I read regularly
5. Laura of Somewhere in in New Jersey writes about nature in and near the Pine Barrens
6. Chicago Lady writes the one non-nature, non-outdoorsy blog I’m going to tag.
7. I’m also tagging Dogsled Stacie from Life in the Yukon with Dogs.
8. And last but not least, a good photo blog at The Farmer’s Wife.

1 comment:

Susannah Anderson said...

Great "octodata"!

"I hiked the Chilkoot Trail in Alaska/BC in the off-season, and the ranger told me if I didn’t find my own way out, they’d recover my bones in the spring."

Cool!

I have done similar things, though on a much smaller scale.