Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Losing daylight

E. Ridge Rd., Monaghan Township, York County PA
Even on a perfectly clear morning, as this one is, the later sunrise keeps me from taking photos in the forest.  When I leave the mountain in the mornings, sunlight still hasn’t penetrated down to the ground, though the tops of the tallest trees are still bathed in morning’s light.  So I will have to begin taking evening photos again, in order to take photos in the forest now.

Remembering to do that always takes me some time.  I’ve gotten used to taking morning photos, and I prefer doing that.   A morning photo means the daily writing topic for Roundtop Ruminations  and the day’s photo may have some relation to each other. With an evening photo, that’s less likely.    And this switch from morning to evening photos is a sign that it won’t be long before all my blog photos will need to be taken on the weekends, as it will be dark when I leave the cabin and dark when I return to the cabin during the week.  Those are not my favorite times.  Fortunately, those days are still weeks away.

1 comment:

Sharkbytes said...

Yes, I hate leaving in the dark and coming home in the dark. Sorry, I don't know what you do that takes you away.