Friday, September 24, 2010

Foggy September morning

Now that fall is here, summer could not resist one final, parting shot. I’m in the middle of one more day above 90 degrees. I really shouldn’t need too much luck for today to be the last one.
This morning fog appeared on the mountain, which at least kept the temperature lower in the morning. The fog before dawn made walking Dog nearly as difficult as driving, even with my headlamp. And now that the mornings grow ever darker, minute by minute, I will soon reach the point where I won’t be able to take a photo in the mornings at all.

The leaves here on Roundtop are yellowing, though not from the arrival of autumn. Dry weather combined with the unusual heat this year is withering even larger trees. Leaves litter the forest floor nearly as thickly as if fall was near its end, instead of only just arrived.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Beautiful photo. The color up here is growing by the day. It was in the 80s when I took my walk after lunch. There was a breeze now and then.

Jeannette StG said...

Oh this looks just like a photo of one of my Dutch blog friends:) Only there it's not in the nineties!

Cicero Sings said...

Like the photo today!

Windy but mild here through the night. We've only had the veriest touch of frost here but enough to set the Aspen to turning.