Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Eclipse


 
Did you see the “blood moon” this morning?  I hope so, because it was beautiful. I don’t have a tripod, so taking night photos is difficult at best.  I did manage a photo when the moon wasn’t yet in full eclipse, just before it dipped behind the trees.
For once, I wasn’t battling rain or clouds or even antsy dogs who can’t stand still. Just before dawn four or five deer joined me near the snowmaking pond.  They were interested in getting an early morning drink and were content to ignore me, even as I ignored them while the eclipse was taking place. I can’t remember the last time I got to see a full eclipse, though I know it’s been quite a while.  Several have occurred during cloudy weather and others simply weren’t visible here. This time, though, none of those things occurred, and the sight was one to remember.

2 comments:

Scott said...

I forgot; damn! When the moon is setting here (as it was during this eclipse), it is often behind a row of trees and I didn't notice it even though I was outside when it was occurring.

Sharkbytes said...

I've seen a few. Last night was awesome. One was on the Kek, sitting on a rock at the edge of a lake with fellow campers.