Thursday, August 06, 2009

Respite

This morning the air has cleared and cooled. Last evening I could almost feel the humidity draining away. Now I even feel the tickle of a breeze too slight to rustle the leaves. The sky is overcast, with light rain periodically sprinkling small patches of ground for a few seconds. The cloudiness makes the morning even darker than it would otherwise be, a preview of mornings in the weeks to come.

I want to try and remember how this morning feels and hold it within. For today and the day after, this is how my weather will be. But then, the heat wave will start. The days ahead will be in the mid-90’s, with humidity. Maybe if I can hold onto these two days, somehow, those ahead won’t feel so oppressive.

This little respite is much welcomed, whatever my ability or lack of that will bring to the hot days just around the corner. Even if I can’t visualize myself into cool weather, I can enjoy this momentary break from the hot days behind me and the hot days ahead. I hope that will be enough to help me reach the next respite.

4 comments:

Grizz………… said...

A beautiful, warm-but-not-hot day here. Hot weather is predicted, however—so for us, this is more a reward rather than an interlude, heaven before…well, something less.

Enjoy while you can. I certainly intend to do so.

squirrel said...

Very nice. I will be check back hear what you have to say.
Squirrel

Carolyn H said...

Griz: I'm going to try and get a lot done tonight and tomorrow because come that 94 degree weather on the weekend, I sure won't.

Carolyn H

Carolyn H said...

Squirrel, thanks for stopping!

Carolyn h.